eyeone readings to excel spreadsheet

postworek

Is there any solution to pass eyeone readings directly into Excel spreadsheet? Lab or spectro data, doesn't matter.

I have two iOnes - i1 and i1pro2. I have i1share and i1publish pro at disposal. I use i1share mostly but it lacks some options, notably it doesn't display cmc delta which I have to calculate manually in excel (and this is the reason I want to pass reading directly into it).

I have two iOnes - i1 and i1pro2. I have i1share and i1publish pro at disposal. I use i1share mostly but it lacks some options, notably it doesn't display cmc delta which I have to calculate manually in excel (and this is the reason I want to pass reading directly into it).

Have a look at ColorPort (free from X-Rite). You should be able to import the measurement files it creates into Excel with more ease.

Stephen

As far as I can see it creates file which can be easily imported into excel. It is not what I want. I measure single patches through the day and compare them with internal lab values database, so creating special file which could be imported in to excel is a solution not far away from the way I work today, which I want to automate.

As far as I can see it creates file which can be easily imported into excel. It is not what I want. I measure single patches through the day and compare them with internal lab values database, so creating special file which could be imported in to excel is a solution not far away from the way I work today, which I want to automate.

It might be good for you to explain what you are doing, why, how etc. Others may have better ideas.

I use ColorPort for single samples. I made a single patch chart that I use for these spot measurements. By clicking on the "i" icon in the measurement status section, I then note the Lab values in this separate "info" window. There is no need for me to bring these into Excel as it is only a single measurement of three values.

When I need to find the dE value for the spot reading, I often use a simple "DeltaE" app, such as:

Download DeltaE Free (Mac/Win/Linux)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deltae-lab/id449045579?mt=8 (iPhone)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/delta-e-calculator/id338019603?mt=8 (iPhone)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5zY2huaXR6ZWx3YXJlLmNvbG9ybWF0aCJd (Android)

Stephen Marsh

We control production samples using spectroeye with saved special colors library. We choose color from library, measure sample and get delta cmc. It is easy and fast to compare many samples against selected color.
Or we used to do this this way, because our SE failed and we thing about not reparing it. We could use i1share, it would be as fast and convinient as SE, but we need dE cmc (agreement with customer - and it is obviously more forgiving) which i1share unfortunately doesn't show. So we thought about excel sheet. Beside easy calculations we could add more automatic features (ie. autoselecting nearest color, finding best samples from many, maybe inserting into database for future comparison, etc.). I know it's only three numbers but multipling this action many times a day... aren't computers made for this?

Take a look at the Tools from BabelColor. For sure you can do most things in a spreadsheet but I sometimes find that paying a small amount for years of experience saves a lot of time and headache.
BabelColor Home Page

I believe SpectraShop, from Robin Meyers Imaging, and CT&A, from Babelcolor, will do your comparison without going to Excel. Each is around $100.

I believe you can do patch comparison in MeasureTool without a dongle.

i1Profiler will also do this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back