Fiery driver saving Department ID and Department password between printings

Homo_erectus

The lab where I work uses Department IDs and Department Passwords to track the users printing from open lab computers. The problem is that in some applications once a user enters that information in the fiery driver, it is stored until the application is closed. So if the first user doesn't close the applications they are working in, a second user can walk up to the computer and print using the credentials of the previous user.

I have been searching like crazy to find a solution to this but I've come up empty handed. I'm hoping that someone here has seen this issue and knows how to resolve it.

All of the lab computers are Macs, the users are printing from Creative Suite applications and Microsoft office applications. Office applications and system applications do NOT have this issue. It seems to be isolated to the Creative Suite applications with Acrobat being the most common source of the problem in reports from the users. Although in my testing I can reliably reproduce this behavior in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional.

Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Abe

If you have not already done so please report this on the Fiery forum. I've alerted someone on the Fiery development team about this. You can also PM me your contact info and I'll see what I can do to get you in touch with the right people.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back