Films for screen printing.

aqazi81

With the demise of CTF devices, just curious to know how you guys are getting films for your screen printing jobs?

Macmann

We still have a 90's Barco Megasetter Plus with an Esko front end. The quality is hard to beat after all these years.

Martin Mueller

Take an Epson SureColor SC-P inkjet printer, a high-quality transparency inkfilm and a suitable Rip software and off you go with your screen film production.

tastar

An Epson T3270sr printer is excellent for screen printing - 24 inches wide, excellent film density with Epson Photo Black ink, Epson has great screen positive film, and works well with the Cadlink Filmmaker RIP. You can get clear ink for the other channels if you are only using it for film output, but, it does a great job for signage if you leave the color inks in it.

Tony

Macmann

We do industrial graphics-automotive, appliances, etc... The Epson doesn't have the quality we require-might be fine for t-shirts?

Magnus59

There is still a demand for high resolution film, for foiling, embossing, and I assume the printed circuit board industry, so I can't see CTF devices becoming totally obsolete for some time yet.

aqazi81

Thank you all for your response, a friend of mine is doing graphics for the automobile industry as a vendor and currently, they are sourcing films from an old film bureau. They want to do these films in-house now so he's looking for a better alternative.
This thread will surely help.

Canon Research

Canon
Advancing Productivity and Service Delivery
Enhancing the Print Customer Connection (Part 4)

Read All About It