Finder program

kaiserwilhelm

I will now show my age. Back in about 1997 there was a free program that came with my syquest....I think. It might have come with my mac clone.
Either way. It was an addition to the finder that did the following. I have two folders. One has 10 files a-j. The second has 11 files a-k.
When I try and drag in the first 10 into the second 11 I get the tried and true message from Apple that "An item named a already exists. An item named b already exists:
I need a program that looks at modification dates and KNOWS that a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i, and j are the same.

The program that I speak of above did this. However, it was written for system 8.2 so I am a little screwed there.

Any ideas? Is there something in the finder that I am not aware of?

Finder Program

Finder Program

I think the program you are referring to was called DiskTop, by PrairieGroup.
I used it all the time in the OS 8 & 9 days.
I still have not found a good replacement for it.
You've got my interest back up and I'll do some research for an equivalent.

I will now show my age. Back in about 1997 there was a free program that came with my syquest....I think. It might have come with my mac clone.
Either way. It was an addition to the finder that did the following. I have two folders. One has 10 files a-j. The second has 11 files a-k.
When I try and drag in the first 10 into the second 11 I get the tried and true message from Apple that "An item named a already exists. An item named b already exists:
I need a program that looks at modification dates and KNOWS that a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i, and j are the same.

The program that I speak of above did this. However, it was written for system 8.2 so I am a little screwed there.

Any ideas? Is there something in the finder that I am not aware of?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back