fingerprint for transparent substrat without white backing

Hello,
is it possible to have a color correct a print, so that the paper printed proof and the tranparent print without white backing while "holding it into the air" colormatch?
Is there somewhere a workflow which describes this problematik?
I was thinking maybe do a fingerprint but measure it against a mirror or maybe on a plate with backroundlight.
Greetings everybody :)

Your post is confusing?
In flexo, you can print on the surface or reverse print, on clear film.
If surface, opaque white prints first.
If reverse, opaque white prints last.
From your fingerprint, you could create an ICC profile with and without the white included.
If you proof is on opaque white paper, then the press can simulate this by looking/measuring the clear film over a blank white sheet from the proof paper.

Hello,
is it possible to have a color correct a print, so that the paper printed proof and the tranparent print without white backing while "holding it into the air" colormatch?
Is there somewhere a workflow which describes this problematik?
I was thinking maybe do a fingerprint but measure it against a mirror or maybe on a plate with backroundlight.
Greetings everybody :)
I went to lowes with a spectro and measured white tiles, making sure the a and b star readings were as close to 0 as possible, and the L* was around 95. Also made sure they all were under a DE00 of .2. I then read the characterization chart in over that white tile. I do this so my readings are not dependent on printing an opaque white ink.

I then create standards based on what I read in for the solid / overprint and expected tonality from applying curves for gray balance. When taking measurements on press we also read over those tiles to confirm we are within the standards set by characterization.

I would assume that because most flexo printers go off of density, and that is calculated off reflectance that a mirror would not create good repeatable results. I have not tested this though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back