Fix clogged prinhead, enter service mode HC5500

Joergen

I have got a Riso HC 5500 with scanner and finisher. I bought it in UK, but the machine is located in Sweden, in a part which I probably not can get service assistance.

I have installed the machine, and the problem I have is the white lines all over the print. I tested the machine in UK and then it was hardly visible few lines, and as the equipment had been stored and not used for long, I thought it will be better after some use.

The printer arrived one week after my testing in UK, but show a very different print, with a lot of lines.

It is probably a lot of dry ink in the printhead. I have run cleaning a few times but it do not show result.

The ink in the machine was produced 2012, and it is not very much left on some colors, but not empty.

I have heard we can do a super cleaning from the service mode, and I have found some information, like to enter
the service mode, and the default password. Before I do it, pls help me how I find the super cleaning in the menu,
and how I exit service mode. Any other useful tips are welcomed gratefully.

The equipment I would use printing BW text and spot colors, the output should be OK for this when the printheads
works.

Last edited:
HC series for riso are old models. and most of the problem occur in the print head clogging, bonding etc. as for our problem you can try hyper cleaning. which is located in the service mode.i just cant remember the buttons to push. but its a combination of 3 buttons. the password is astu. if cleaning wont work. youll have to manually clean the printheads with 2 chemical solutions which is provided by RIS). i also dont know the components of the cleaner.

I know the keystroke to the service mode, have not tried it yet, as I am afraid I may have problem exit service mode.
Yesterday the print went much better, maybe due to the machine beeing used. I Think it was not used for rather long time
before I got it. It has done about 2 million prints which is not so much for such a Equipment. A new is at high price, and I paid USD 3000 for this including finisher, scanner and Postscript Rip.

Anybody know where to download service manual?

Thanks for helping!

I found the way to Clean in service mode, one printhead at the time. I got an other problem with the touchscreen, it is not responding. I may have done something wrong when I tried to adjust it to be more sensitive. Now I can not log in. Anybody who have advice?

I have the Riso as copier for now, it is still not connected to the computer.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back