Flat belt or Drum CTP

sandeeparora

Hello everyone

I am a small printer in India. My most of the jobs are above 175 / 200 LPI
I develop 20 plates in a day
I am thinking of Dot Line or FFEI violet machine?
Please advice.

sandeep

Hi Sandeep:

IN this case, instead of thinking engine architecture,
you might want to consider your low volume, and the
impact of chemistry-based systems. Given your low
volume, you might not have the critical mass of
plate throughput to efficiently utilize the developing
system. Perhaps a thought towards a chem-free
system might help shape your investigation?

Regards,

Hello everyone

Please advice.

sandeep

You may want to look at the Highwater Cobra/Python Series, also known as Viostar HC and HP by Technova in your region. They use internal drum system (plate stays still and laser images around the drum) It is Violet system

Flat belt or Drum CTP

Hello everyone

Please advice.

sandeep

You don't say what sort of RIP and screening you'll be using, or what maximum plate size you'll be producing.

If you want to expose 175/200 lpi screen, with conventional screening methods, then you'll need at least 2400 dpi or 2437 dpi or 2540 dpi resolution to get enough grey levels to achieve smooth vignette transitions. For higher than 200 lpi you'll need 3600 dpi or 3657 dpi. However,if you have FujiFilm's XMF RIP, Celebrant RIP, or Rampage RIP, you can use CoRes (hybrid) screening to get fine screen rulings with enough grey levels to give smooth vignettes at lower exposing resolutions. If you don't have enough grey levels it will be most apparant in the highlight areas (stepping and rainbow banding in light tones).

FFEI's violet CTP has a true internal drum exposing engine with a monogon, single-facet, spinner. This means that exposing spot geometry is identical over the full surface of the plate. It has a range of resolutions from 1200 dpi up to 3657 dpi, and can output screened 1-bit TIF from any RIP system.
It can have one or two lasers (single laser for moderate productivity, dual laser to double the exposing speed and to give fail-safe for the day when one or other laser fails). It is intended for commercial quality, but can output newspaper quality. It can output larger plates than the DotLine CTP.

DotLine has a F-Theta curved bed and uses a poligon multi-facet spinner. It's architecture is similar to a flat bed device, but traditional flat bed devices need a F-theta optical mirror to correct the expose geometry. The F-theta curved bed arrangement simplifies the optical design. It is difficult or impossible to get all of the facets of a multi-facet mirror exactly true, so exposing engines using a poligon spinner will have beam correction electronics and optics to align the beams. It uses a single laser. DotLine has a narrower range of exposing resolutions (it was developed for newspaper production, but can do level of commercial work), so it's suitability for your 175/200 dpi quality really depends on available resolution versus the screening that you have from your RIP. It's maximum plate size is smaller than that, that a true drum device can produce. It also costs less than the FFEI internal drum CTP.

With either machine you use violet-laser sensitised CTP plates; also of the "low-chem" variety that save costs in processor, chemistry, water, waste recovery, and labour.

regards,
Barry Brown

Hi there,

Why do not you contact Escher Grad to test Cobalt? They have representative office in India if I'm not wrong.
Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back