Flexo wish list for Prepress and Artworkers

Steve Donegan

Well judging by the amount of views to the "Potato Printers" post, there is a good deal of interest in all things Flexo.

If you had the ability to create a time or pain saving feature in your Flexo workflow or apps, what would it be?

A Trapping tool that handles anything thrown at it without the need for adjusting? (inc those lovely design transparency effects)

Or maybe an app to create and adjust multi color images which actually look on screen as they will on press?

If you could choose anything, what would you choose?

I would like a simple to use tool to finetune a bump-up curve in a harlequin rip, or any rip for that matter, at the moment everythibng seems a bit clumbersome and it drives me nuts in the 1 to 10% range and the 90 to 100%

Hm, heavy words here. I wouldn't call myself a harlequin guru there are a few on this forum, but I can't help wondering a) what sort of instrument do you use to take percentage readings down to the decimal, b) on what material exactly, c) what is your imaging/exposure device. In other words how consistent are all these three above so as to blame the rip. My two cents.

Was not blaming the rip. as for the readings, I use either a Troika but I find the older version a bit awkward to use, love to get my hands on the new version (seen at last Labelexpo) or as a butter and bread tool the Peret device, however I find that a bit fiddly in the lower percentages. When I go to customers I have a nice little number from eyedirect.
And as how to how constant things are? Well, this is flexo;-)

At the end of the day that is what I do, however I find that the internal .cal tool, as good as it is, could just stretch that little bit further.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back