Font Agent setup problem

wonderings

I am replacing my 8 month old 15 inch MacBook Pro with a new 15 inch i5 MacBook Pro. In the process of transfering files and installing apps. The last thing I need to do is install Font Agent Pro 4

The install is fine, but the way its handling my fonts is not. I am not sure whats going on, but the basic problem is this. In Font Agent on my "old" computer it keeps all the fonts in sub folders, ie Adobe Garamond - inside that folder is all the bold, italic, regular, etc. On the "new" computer its just one long list of every individual font. Here are 2 screen shots, the first being the "old" computer and the way I want it, the second is the "new" computer and not how I want it:

old
Screenshot2010-06-19at125254PM.png

new
Screenshot2010-06-19at125602PM.png

This is in font agent pro 4 with the latest updates. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

---edit----

Well I just saw my own solution by looking at those screen shots again. The difference being one had "sort by family" checked and the other didnt. My problem is solved. Thanks for the help? :)

Last edited:
I'm curious why you didn't just migrate from the old iBook to the new one. One of the remaining superior advantages of the Mac OS over Windows is how well the migration function works. In Windows you don't get your apps - on the Mac you do, along with all the settings. I even did it over the network once with a iBook that didn't have Firewire, and that worked fine; just slower.

I'm curious why you didn't just migrate from the old iBook to the new one. One of the remaining superior advantages of the Mac OS over Windows is how well the migration function works. In Windows you don't get your apps - on the Mac you do, along with all the settings. I even did it over the network once with a iBook that didn't have Firewire, and that worked fine; just slower.

It was not an iBook but the last generation MBP, so the one just before the i5 MacBook Pros came out, it was only 8 months old. I didn't use the migration assistant because I have not had a fresh install of OS X in well over 4 years (used migration assistant for all upgrades in the past) and decided I want a fresh start and to clean up some of the things I have collected but don't use in my system anymore.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back