From Alwan to Agfa's Ink Save?

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

Has anyone switched from Alwan's Color Hub (CMYK Optimizer) to Agfa's InkSave (as part of Apogee)? If so, can you tell me your experiences good and/or bad?

Thank you,
pd

Hi everyone,

Has anyone switched from Alwan's Color Hub (CMYK Optimizer) to Agfa's InkSave (as part of Apogee)? If so, can you tell me your experiences good and/or bad?

Thank you,
pd

Based on the Idealliance/IPA roundup - you're unlikely to see any practical difference. Ink saving report and operating as a stand alone system is optional with Agfa.

Based on the Idealliance/IPA roundup - you're unlikely to see any practical difference. Ink saving report and operating as a stand alone system is optional with Agfa.

If I remember, the IPA roundup showed that some solutions (was one of them ;-) were way better than others. If you want to evaluate an ink saving solution, look at the CMY under the black channel separation. Black generation is the KEY for such ink saving solution.
Maybe they all could look the same once printed, but do they help to print ? If it’s not made properly (ink saving), you will have trouble with it.
That was in 2009 ;-)

If I remember, the IPA roundup showed that some solutions (was one of them ;-) were way better than others. If you want to evaluate an ink saving solution, look at the CMY under the black channel separation. Black generation is the KEY for such ink saving solution.
Maybe they all could look the same once printed, but do they help to print ? If it’s not made properly (ink saving), you will have trouble with it.
That was in 2009 ;-)

As I said, according to that test (done in 2010 not 2009), there was no practical difference between Agfa and Alwan in terms of performance with regards to ink savings. There was a difference in ink savings performance among the other solutions. At the time I suggested they include progressive in the report so that the GCR level could be visually assessed - unfortunately that didn't happen.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back