Fuji Acuity expired ink override...

ogetsu

Does anyone know how to override the chip in the ink bags that tell the printer the ink has expired? We have a decent volume of work, but sometimes not enough to finish off an ink before it expires. I also ask because lately we've been receiving inks with an expiration date that's only 4-6 months out, as opposed to 12+. We can usually burn through a color in 4-6 months (or less), but only if we receive it the day we need it with that much time left on it. If we stock it, it could be down to 3 months left before we install it.

Thanks.

When we get inks that expire in anything less than 6 months, we send them back. Its a global issue with Fuji/OCE. We only stock the black and cyan as we tend to go thru those ones faster and then we order the rest when our bag is at about half. As far as I know, there is no way to override the chip. But here is a good forum for our printers if yo'ure on LinkedIn. You could ask there but I think it's been asked before. https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=4157468

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back