Fuji updates the Versant Series

You name it. Uneven colour, 052-320 and similar/related codes once a week at least. Wandering print/poor alignment. At the moment I have black blobs on the black drum which just appear and the drum needs to be changed to get rid of it. I have the tech turning up and "fixing the problem" only to have the same problem within a day. I had a gear missing from a replacement part which took over a week to get sorted. A senior tech was bought in eventually and noticed that the part in the machine was for a 2100 not a 3100. I believe that the less experienced techs do their best with their limited knowledge of the device, however, those who manage the techs should monitor and send a more senior tech if no resolution of a problem occurs. Im currently reprinting jobs for clients because of poor image quality only to have the machine go down again with another image problem. The longest lasting problem is brown/black debris on the underside of the sheet. This occurs every time the machine stops feeding paper for over a minute or so. Im a book printer, so this is a huge problem for me. I have to go through the book sets and replaced or clean the affected pages. I have had this problem since the machine was installed. 12 months

Last edited:
looks like the techs there have their heads up their asses ?
you need to have someone inspect every component of the xerographic of the machine
looks like you need software and nvm updates and BTR and Cleaner and drum and developer assemblies replaced
maybe even a like for like replacement

Reactions: MIE
No comment on the technical support. Im in the Central Coast/ Hunter region and my service is supplied by a dealership. With what records I have, I have had over 75 service calls in 11 months ( approx 1 service call every 23,000 impressions) and two of those months, COVID happened and I had virtually no work.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back