Fujipla Drylam PLS3310

Stickman42

I am looking at an available used machine, but found out it's been discontinued. Does anyone know if parts are still available? Additionally, can film from other manufacturers be used successfully on this machine? I'm currently running D&K SuperStik on a machine that's way too large for our digital sheet sizes.

That unit has been discontinued for quite some time. After that was the ALM 3220 which you can still find new, but then they launched the ALM 3222. This unit can do double or single sided (flush or sealed edge) while the 3310 is only single sided. When I used to be in digital press sales, I included a 3222 with a deal and the customer loved it, however, they tried to find laminate from other sources. The supplier indicated that it is proprietary, so I'm think it's the same for the 3310 (their brochures also call the lamination material "exclusive"). If you're looking for a lower cost unit than the 3220 or 3222, they also came out with the desktop version, 3230 which does double or single sided and it's around $10k. There are also other brands to consider like the Revo-T14.

I am looking at an available used machine, but found out it's been discontinued. Does anyone know if parts are still available? Additionally, can film from other manufacturers be used successfully on this machine? I'm currently running D&K SuperStik on a machine that's way too large for our digital sheet sizes.

I’ve been eyeing a 3220 for a while. I’m probably going to pull the trigger on it. It looks like an expensive way to get into laminating. I feel like we’re missing out on some of our bids because we either have to outsource cover coatings or convince them to go with another option.

As far as the laminate being proprietary, I think it’s mainly because of the special roll size or hookups. I actually found one where a guy built a set up on top of it to run any 12” laminate rolls.

Did you pull the trigger on the laminator? Pretty sure Im gonna pull the trigger on 2 3220's for a pretty good price.

Thanks all for the replies. I am going to pass on this machine. When I looked at it years ago, the film cost per sheet was much higher (for me anyway) than the Superstik film I currently use. We are laminating now with a bigger machine that's getting tired. My thought was to make this a more push button operation. Given that the 3310 was discontinued and won't take a standard roll from another manufacturer, I'll keep looking.

The Fujiplas may have a market in schools, hotels, restaurants, etc. for simple, unskilled operation, like using a photocopier. However, having seen the price of the OEM films, I can’t imagine any commercial print operation where they would be viable. The media is hideously expensive and you’d be forever changing rolls.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back