full bleed book edge enhancement?

ZeeBees

Is there something I can use on a full bleed perfect bound book that will enhance the fore-edge color?
I think because our paper is a fairly good thick stock, that when I cut our books to a full color bleed that I see more white than I would like. I sometimes wipe alot of "Fingertip Moistener" along the edge of a fore-edge to help enhance the color. I'm wondering if glycerine or some type of device is made to enhance the book's edge, especially when dealing with a multi-hundred page book. I'm sure if I used a thinner glossier paper that it wouldn't bother me, but economically, i prefer the cheap paper stock.
Is there some trick to enhance the fore-edge color of a perfect bind, or any book type with a full bleed?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back