Full Bleed Tabs on Xerox 700

jotterpinky

We were told by the salesman that the Xerox 700 will print full bleed tabs. We got our first tab job in and have been unable to find any documentation on tab printing at all other than using the copier. We're using a Creo CX700 RIP.

Has anyone else printed full bleed tabs on this machine and if so how?

The tabs we're using are a standard 5-cut tab that's 8.5x11 in size plus a half inch tab making the overall piece a 9x11" size.

Wow, I hope you have that in writing some where because unless I've been doing 10x more work then I need to I don't think that is possible. We do 1 of 2 things, we have had a local company with a die cutter (we do not have one) die cut 9x12 sheets in the respected 5 banks. The die only cuts to 11" which means it stays a full 9x12 sheet (with a slit) until print the tab and we cut it down to 11". The excess is no longer supported and is thrown out.

Option two is if we have more lead time and we can outsource the die cutting after we run it then that is what we do, print 9x11 and send it off for die cutting.

interesting....our prior KM6501 did print full bleed tabs so we thought this was definitely something we could do.

Getting ready to run a 1500 set of 5 bank tabs today. We are printing on the 9x11 sheets and sending out the die-cutting and color mylar overlay. The 700 may print on die cut tab sheets, I doubt with a full bleed.

Remember - Salesmonkeys will tell you whatever you need to here to get you to sign on the dotted line!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back