Gigantasmic leak in my HPZ32200.. help?

peramoure

To be fair, this has been going on for about six months - HP Reps said it would cost a minimum of 400 dollars, so I wipe all the black ink out every month or so. A few times, the printer will leave small black marks on white paper as it tracks black ink out of the spill and on to the paper, but that was before hours of cleaning.

It is on the far right ride of the printer, where the carriage sits at rest. There looks like there are little reservoirs behind everything, but I really know nothing about the technical side of this. Any ideas?

See attached photos.

Attachments

• printer1.jpg
    printer1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
  • printer2.jpg
    printer2.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 170
I use a HP5500 Design Jet so I can't help with your specific problem. However I was able to find and download a maintenance manual online when I had to change the belt. Maybe you can find one for your machine.

Ron

I don't have this exact printer either but it looks like your park station has had a lot of use. Where heads purge during nozzle cleaning. It'll get pretty built up after LOTS of prints and head cleaning. I think you're doing the right thing, and saving some money, by cleaning it yourself. If those "No idea" things are flexible, they are wipers that are used to swipe the heads during cleaning. Some ink can dry on these and either deposit gunk or prevent a proper swipe of the head. That can translate to a mark on the print. If it gets to the point of no return with cleaning, I think you can buy a new park station. Many manuals are available online, as stated above.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back