Glossy coating on laser output

graficworx

I run a small print and design shop, using a Xerox Phaser 7400. I would like to be able to gloss my own output, instead of sending out for glossy business cards and the like. I have a BC cutter, and do my own matte cards, but have to send out glossy. Is there an inexpensive way of doing coating?

Thanks,

- Donald Tripp
Graficworx

Depends what you consider expensive. If your main or only printer in your business is your phaser then a UV glossy coater is going to be very expensive for you, mostly likely and will be under used. I have seen them as low as $15K or so and are 3-4 feet wide by 8 or so feet long. Your best bet is to prob look at your stocks. I would check out kromekote C2S and C1S 10 or 12 pt. Another option is to locate a local vendor that will do UV coating for you. You do the printing and they run your stuff through their UV coater.

Running kromekote would be a good idea. Try running kromkote on phaser and check that there are no roller marks or scratches on the media after printing. Alternatively, you could do gloss lamination. A lamination machince is way more affordable than a UV coater.

The best way to have inexpensive high gloss coating is by getting an affordable UV coater by Tec Lighting. You can UV coat a single-side of a 12" X 18" sheet for about $0.01. Call me at 714-529-5068 so I could give you more info.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back