GMG Dotproof. MX4/MX5 SWOP3 Profile it87.4

chromos

GMG Dotproof. MX4/MX5 SWOP3 Profile with it87.4 - Spikes in colour curves, Graphic View.

Hi all,
I've been lurking here for a few years. Thanks for the wealth of information, advice, etc., that everyone brings to this forum!

I am having an issue with a newly created MX4/MX5 profile for a SWOP3 2006 specification. I've emailed GMG and have yet to get a response.

Perhaps someone in this forum had a similar experience with an issue I'm having.

Before I describe the issue, a bit of background on the parameters that I am working with. GMG DotProof 4, Espon 7800, Epson SWOP3 semimatte paper. DTP41 Spectro, targeting it87.4. I am creating target SWOP3 and GraCol Contract DotProofs.

To create a MX5 profile with a target of SWOP3, I received from GMG, blank MX4 and MX5 files with additional fulcrums for an it87.4 chart, to match the values within the SWOP3 spec. (Side note: I've had to create my own TPL file so the chart could be read through my DTP41 Specto. The It87.4 Chart for the DTP41 was created with Colorport software.)

Imported SWOP3 profile into MX4 file as Target Values. Printed with MX4 file. Measured, then calculated as target values. Continued with iterations, calculating target with current values.

In Graphic View of the Profile Editor, there are numerous spikes in the colour curves. The spikes appear to be the pertinent target values within the SWOP3 spec. In other words, for example, Patch number 1449 in the SWOP3 it87.4 chart, the target value is 10C, 6M, 6YK, 0K. Lab: L 85.38, a -0.74, b -1.07. After a few iterations, patch 1449 has a Delta E 0.61. This appears as a spike in the color curves, in Graphic View.

After the 1st iteration of Calculating with Target and Current Values, some of the Fulcrums in the profile that DO NOT contain target values, are skewing the CMYK values.

I"m hoping someone would have an MX4 file with all the calculated target and current values setup for IT87.4 - SWOP3 spec? I'd like to use it as some sort of a workable starting point for the interm.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Steve Cheng

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back