GMG MX4-ECI2002 Scrambled to MonacoProfiler Platinum

jardo

*Hey Anyone,*
Can you tell me how to convert my GMG MX4 target file to a MonacoProfile 4.8 file format? The file is of readings from a press average, using the ECI2002DTP70 scrambled chart. Monaco has the import button, but it doesn't seem to mesh with the numbers I have, specially since it is scrambled. Is there a way to hack in and get my own reference chart in there? Am I asking the impossible? Let me know. And as always, Thanks!

Jeffrey J.

Re: GMG MX4-ECI2002 Scrambled to MonacoProfiler Platinum

You might be hosed. If your trying to import into Monaco a text file exported from your GMG mx4, this won't work. GMG doesn't actually use all the patches of an ECI chart...it dumps some indices and averages others, so there are 200+ patches lost from an ECI chart measured in GMG. Monaco isn't very friendly in supporting custom charts/reference files either, like ProfileMaker is. Your only hope here is that 1) you used an app like MeasureTool or ColorPort to measure your ECI chart and have access to that reference file(s), or 2) you Have Profile Maker which can, with some finagling, utilize a text file exported from GMG, or 3) you still have the physical ECI targets and can re-measure them within Monaco Profiler.

Mike,
So your option #3, Does monaco scrambled chart lab values and the Chart I used for GMG match up one for one?
J2

>So your option #3, Does monaco scrambled chart lab values and the Chart I used for GMG match up one for one?

Not sure. Are you using a target supplied with GMG or did you get it from somewhere else? Some GMG targets were formatted differently at one point, but I don't know if that's still the case.

There is a way to derive an ICC profile from a text file exported from an mx4, but you need Profile Maker. You can email me for more info.

I checked the image used in GMG and the Monaco image you can produce. They appear to be the same. I will try to read one in either today or on Monday. Thanks for the advice!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back