goss sunday 4000/pcf-3 folder

jstill

Just wondering but are there any guys on this forum that work on a goss sunday 4000 press? I certainly would like to communicate with others that work on the same type of equipment that we have. I have already learned much just from reading some of the other posts although the press was different but the problems were the same,( web offset printing ). Thanks to any that would like to share their concerns.
James Still

I ran a brand new Sunday 2000 (16pg single repeat) a few times, wasn't my usual press but I filled in on it. I wasn't really all that impressed. The gapless blankets only seemed to give a longer cutoff, didn't really seem to solve any of the other issues as promised. The autochange units were a waste of money and the press had a glitch that it would fail to re-time itself on startup. The slightly older Man Roland I ran did just about everything better. Not to mention that the Goss was very cramped and a pain to work on

I have done work on Goss Sunday 2000, 3000, and 4000 but essentially electrical troubleshooting. I am an electrical engineer with 26 years of experiance working for controlgraphics USA on a variety of sheet fed and web machines. My advice on line is always free, so go ahead and ask questions. :)

we have the auto plate loader as well,when its working right you cant beat it but at times it does require a lot of attention.about the gapless blankets...you still get a degree of pull down in exit of nip point and there is still some web flutter

actually we have a problem that we cant solve with the contiweb splicer...we keep getting a regenerative power supply failure at the web splices which causes the splice to fail. Goss wants us to swap the plc's and drives with each other and see if this changes the problem but this would cause us to put the press offline for longer than we can afford to

Power failure

Power failure

When you say you keep getting a power failure, do you mean you are getting a power failure error message from the PLC or do you actually end up with power supplies that fail? A regenerative inverter requires the load (Motor) to be perfectly matched to the drive (Acceleration, deceleration + torque settings). Have you replaced the motor recently?

well when the splicer fails to splice and the press stops,i go back to the splicer and the error message will read a regenerative power supply failure but the power is still being supplied unless it failed for a fraction of a second. This happens only on a top to bottom splice sequence( the reason why goss wants us to swap our drives) They don't know exactly what the problem is. we cant afford to buy a drive and it not be the problem.We have asked goss to send us a spare drive to try just to see if it fixes the problem but they said they haven't a spare drive to send.

We have had the same problem with the splicer twice, and ultimately it has resulted in us changing the drive at £11000 a shot. If you are still having problems now, let me know what brakes are fitted, as we have found they can sometimes cause an issue with the drives.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back