Graphics Pro 5.1 RIP

tekcontrol

I´ve a Graphics Pro 5.1 RIP (Harlequin Based Rip), the hard drive is damaged and I install it on a new hard drive, but the Graphics Pro asks me for a serial number (it was not the number that is at the dongle key), thing that I don´t have. I was trying to locate the company but the seems to be out of business. I try contacting Harlequin but there´s no response from them. Anyone knows how to get these serial number?

In case of Aii Grafix RIP - that RIP itself did not need any serial number but every plugin - YES.
Every password is unique and based on the formula in the body of RIP SW to calculate proper number.
The key number to calculate those passwords is RIP Serial Number (which you can see at startup window of RIP SW).
Every Harlequin OEM used its own formula to create passwords.
Harlequin can't help you, ask AGFA tech support for help because AGFA swallowed Autologic.

If you are using the GIT to output to an imagesetter, you can usually keep your interface card in production even if you went from the GIT to a Xitron, RTI or Compose Harlequin RIP. It depends on the interface though. If you are using it to output to TIFF and the RIP is older than v.6, it is often easier to either upgrade/exchange it to one of the RIPs listed above or purchase a new TIFF RIP package.

Agfa star 400 RIp error

Agfa star 400 RIp error

Hey guys i got a problem on my agfa star 400 Rip.I have connect my pc with the agfa star 400 and when i open the printer Agga Laser writher and drag the PostScript file into the printer it open an error message : The file cannot be printed .Try oppening with the correct name and application..
I have this film-making machin for a one month and i cannt start working. i want to say that im using windows xp ...
pls help me guys ...

You use wrong driver (Agfa Laser Writer) created for Laser Printer but not for the imagesetter

Tnx man but where can i find that drver ? i have searching for hours and i cannt find anything
about that driver :( help me please i must start this process because its necessary for my business at this time ... :confused:

You need old style .ppd file for Av20 because you have Star-RIP PostScript level2.
Try to find via internet AgfaAvantra20.ppd ver 52.3
or use available in WinXT printer Wizard AGFA-SelectSet Avantra 20

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
The same problem again. ive made this picture to se how it goes .... When i drag the Graphic 1 ps file into the printer it calls this problem

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
The best solution for your case - download PS files via AgfaSet program.
You will be able to control Star 400 RIP in full.
And I'm saying you again - you need some special training to work with Avantra plus old hardware RIP.

Last edited:
1. What Avantra model do you use?
2. Why do you use Screen Filter option in ppd?
3. What the PS Level in your Star RIP?
4. What PSE (PostScript Environment) version do you use to manage RIP?
5. ... and many other QQQ
Could you give me that 4 answers right now?
If YES - you are trained. If NO - you need a SPECIAL(advanced) training to be good and feel yourself comfortable with equipment.

Last edited:
Graphics Pro No longer..?? Help..

Graphics Pro No longer..?? Help..

Hi friends... :confused:

I read in this post..that Graphics Pro RIP is not longer available..

I have the version 4.5.. but i start to have troubles so i want to update to a newer version maybe v 7.1 or v8.1....I read that Xitron buys this.

The question is..My Interface PCI that I have works on Xitron RIP..

I have a HighWater Designs HW472-30 XLPORT..

Or somebody can tell me which rips works with this interface..?

Thanks for any help.. :(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back