Greatest Rock Album of All Times

Re: Greatest Rock Album of All Times

Being called a F***ing nazi in my book is reason enough for being banned. I've been pretty understanding with some stuff that has been said, and let a lot of stuff slide (both in the forums and in emails sent to me directly). Frankly i'm done being understanding. People have had their chance to "let it out". The handful of people that cause the problems are the ones that don't see the 25+ other forums below the lounge. Those forums are the reason this site exists.

As I have said in many posts, if you have a question regarding the deletion of a post or ban, contact me directly at [email protected].

Now, to get back on topic

My vote has to be Nevermind - still a great album

not sure if a greatest hits qualifies, and maybe that's another category all together, but i still listen to and enjoy steve miller band's greatest. though paul pena's jet airliner is a tad better i would have never heard it if it weren't for the steve miller band. i remember going through at least 3 of these cassettes when i was younger. hell, might have even had that on 8 track...

Five Man Electrical Band is the band. Signs is the song. Good-byes and Butterflies was the album. I think Tesla had about the best cover and pretty much brought the song to the mainstream. Probably not the best rock "album" of all time. Decent song though.

Nirvana was just another bunch of flower sniffin, kitty pettin, baby kissin, corporate rock whores

The debut album by Boston although some will argue it was studio created it was still some great stuff.

Speaking of Tesla I just saw them at the Virginia Beach Ampitheatre, they are awesome live. The Cowboy song was a jam and a half.

oh and lol about Nirvana, they sucked melons IMHO.

like those picks Adam.
I just remembered The Replacements- Pleased to Meet Me!

almaink, you are the one who posted the word nazi. And you can't see anyone name-calling? Please.

Don

Please what? I call 'um as I see 'um. Not name calling to speak the truth. Seems to me the Mods here live in a dream world. Deleting post willy-nilly for no apparent reason, funny how my nazi comment is still up tho, or was last time I looked. Guess because it doesn't have a banned persons name in it or a link to another forum it's OK.

> {quote:title=almaink wrote:}{quote}
> Please what? I call 'um as I see 'um. Not name calling to speak the truth. Seems to me the Mods here live in a dream world. Deleting post willy-nilly for no apparent reason, funny how my nazi comment is still up tho, or was last time I looked. Guess because it doesn't have a banned persons name in it or a link to another forum it's OK.

good lord, give it a rest. we all get it. you dont like it here, and you dont agree with anything any of the mods have said or done. point taken. lets talk rock and roll albums.

Van Halen's self-titled debut is one of my favorite rock albums. no synthesisers or sammy hagar on that one. just good old fashioned rock and roll.

cr

agree Chris!!

Eddy Van Halen took me some time to "get", but he truly IS the rock guitarist guitar player.

id like to see the upcoming van halen/david lee roth reunion tour, but im afraid to ask how much those tickets will be. i might splurge though. as much as i like van halen, i never saw them perform with DLR.

cr

I was more than willing to give it a rest, Don is the one who started it back up. This place while dry is still a great resource for prepress issues. As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed. I saw Van Halen while I was stationed in Germany. Nothing like an american concert. No standing and they had old men in uniforms walking around with cans acting as human ashtray for smokers. BTW Van Halen kicked ass!
Black Sabbath was the main act and Ozzy seemed to be coherent for a change and put on a great show as well.

ive seen david lee roth without van halen, and that to me was better than van halen without DLR. plus, DLR played much smaller venues, so you were right on top of the action. ive never been to a concert where everyone sat down...thats hard to imagine! whever i leave a concert, i usually FEEL and SMELL like an ashtray!

cr

hmmm this sounds like some thinly veiled Sammy bashing.

Standing Hampton, Three lock box, I never said goodbye.

Not to mention Montrose, HSAS and his time with VanHalen.

All hail the RedRocker!

p.s. DLR is bald heh heh

sammy and dave both look like 25 miles of bad road, not to mention the van halen brothers. i actually dont have any issue with sammy hagar, i just like the raw sound of early van halen a little better. i do like the "for unlawful carnal knowledge" cd, that was sammys best in my opinion.

cr

Electric Ladyland
Any album from Cream
Eat A Peach
Just too damn many to choose from.

true...
Allman Bro. Live at the Filmore East
Rod Stewart Every Picture Tells a Story?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back