Grim times at Heidelberg

Well the stock is at $3.25 cents right now. Runs are getting shorter and they got out of digital. They'll be around but at what size I wonder?

What this article failed to mention is that many of the jobs and costs that were cut are in their R&D. As they slow down the rate in which they are able to introduce new technology how will this compare with their competition?

Is anyone here ready, willing, or able to purchase a 1-2 million dollar press in the next 12 months? My guess is few, specifically on the willing side if you are one of the few that financially can. If you're a manufacturer and not selling a lot of new equipment I guess you better hope for a lot of breakdowns so you can sell parts.

HP on the other hand had their most successful year ever in the Graphics Arts Industry. Could this thing called digital and the indigo released 16 years ago at Ipex ’93 be one of several solutions for the future?

HP Graphics Business Experiences Most Successful Year to Date –PI News : Printing Impressions

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back