Halftones on Accuset 1000

KmcKinder

I am trying to print an arched gradient. The gradient is about 2 inches long and goes from 10%black to 50%black in Corel Draw so it is mostly light grays.
The Accuset prints it about half way before it winds up black and stops.

I'm using Corel Draw X3 on Windows XP Sever(might be 64bit)
PPC Mac 7100/80 for print server
Agfa 9000SR for RIP
Agfa Accuset 1000

Am I missing a setting?
Should I be using PPD instead of Drivers found in Windows?

This problem is puzzling to me because the film we made for this job in 2006 printed successfuly and all we want to do now is replace it.

I guess that's PS Level1 RIP.
May be you have font cash and some job cash full, and there is no room to keep the ripped data.
Clean cash using AgfaSet and try again.

I only have operational training. The company bought the equipment used so there are no manuals.
Point being I have no idea what Agfaset is. Would it be on the Mac, PC, Accuset?
I don't need to have everything explained to me. I do have above average User skills because I read manuals. I can extrapolate solutions from concepts and data I know but I just don't have any knowledge on my Accuset 1000.

So, how do I clear these caches? Are they realy full? We don't run too much film. Maybe 6 - 12 jobs a day. And the equipment is shut down daily.

Oh boy! Your equipment (especially RIP) is so far outdated:( The Accuset is AGFA workhorse, and it's very reliable.
I've never worked with 9000SR model, but only Star series PS Level 1 and 2.
We have the Accuset User manual published in here.
RIP 9000SR has never had pdf version but only printed booklet, so if you lost it - you lost it.
If you have some kit with RIP MAC diskettes, Agfaset (as a standalone SW) should be in there.

Last edited:
The 9000sr is an early viper. It is level 2. It doesn't have any caches that need to be cleared.

It is really really old though, and cannot handle that gradient.

Bitmap the file, then print it. There is a way to do it in newer versions of illustrator, or just open it in photoshop @ 600 dpi

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back