Harlequin 5.5 and Lino 330

stevewom08

Hi all. I am a complete novice when it comes to actually running an image setter. Being a screen printer, (although my background is in real printing) until recently it has not been an issue. I am based in Tenerife and have recently purchased a second-hand Linotronic 330 with the Harlequin 5.5 r1 RIP. The machine is about 7 or 8 years old but was serviced before it was shipped out from the UK. I have asked for help from various sources but all want to charge me up the ying-yang and all I want is some guidance as to how to run the thing. I think it is the RIP that I am having difficulty in understanding, but as yet I have had little joy in actually outputting any film at all. Global Graphics want to charge me $250.00 US for a user manual, even though they must have issued one with the original sale of the RIP. Can anyone help me. At the moment this kit is keeping the door open. (It is very hot here!):confused:

You are more likely to get useful responses if you post a NEW topic with something about the problem as the subject instead of your name. Look at a few other topics on this forum for guidance.

Al

Edit: The title has been changed. Must have been a forum problem.

Last edited:
Steve,

Have you had any luck getting things going? Can you be more specific about problems you are having.

kern

Hola Steve Wom

Lo mejor para ti es mejorar la version de RIP nueva ya que esa versión es muy antigua. Por otro lado puedes enviarme tus preguntas sin problemas te las responderé en español.

Saludos

[email protected]

I don't see why Global Graphics will charge you any amount of money, since those user manuals are free.
Post here what OEM Rip you have (i guess it's Xitron or Compose), and I'll help you with a manual.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back