Harlequin ROAM problem..? Help..

sistecopy

Hi...I start to have a problem with Harlequin Rip...

I receive the jobs and I see it with the ROAM...but when I send a Big Job Size...and I see it with the ROAM, the rips freezes nor work the roam..and I need restart the rip..but after that the ROAM not works on any job..and I need reintall the software

Any Idea...if I need delete some files or maybe could be the problem..

I have a ECRM RIP v 7.0 with StinGray 6300 Filmsetter

1st hint: Check disk for problems (chkdsk.exe).

question: when RIP freezes, the hard disk activity LED is active and stays active?

Last edited:
Harlequin problem

Harlequin problem

Yes...all system works windows and another programs can be run...only the harlequin software is stuck or freeze..

And I need press CTRL-ALT-SPR and then close the harlequin program..I run again the software but I can not use the roam with new files because freeze again, and only the roam because I can send the files to the filmsetter..

thanks

Do you have a large number of jobs sitting in the ques of the output controller? If so, clean it out.

Does this problem only occur with new jobs or with previously ripped jobs that roamed ok?

What OS are you running it on?

sistecopy,

Trying to find exactly what may have caused the problem is usually a waste of time, could be related to the OS, perhaps a virus (not too uncommon really) and 100 other culprits on the list. Best thing is to replace the hard disk(s), install the OS, install the RIP, configure your PageSetups and all other settings from scratch (do not rely on backup configuration, may be corrupt), calibration curves and off you go. Minimum expense, takes only half a day to sort it properly. Good luck.

Alternate ROOM for Harlequin RIP

Alternate ROOM for Harlequin RIP

Xitron offers a solution called the Navigator Workflow Server which adds an enhanced ROOM along with many other workflow features including the option to build a complete worklfow solution around the existing RIP.

Here are a few things you can try:

#1: Speeding up and Cleaning out Temporary Files in your Harlequin RIP. If you start your Harlequin RIP and it locks up or boots slow, it is usually due to a bad page buffer or possibly a build up of temporary page buffers. Events such as a system crash can cause the RIP to generate a corrupt page buffer file. To regain your RIP's original startup speed and also clear out any corrupted page buffers you can clean out the page buffers that have built up in your RIP. Doing this will delete any jobs that are stored in the RIP's Active Queue and Held Queue. To delete the page buffers you will need to quit the RIP then open the Hard Drive \ RIP Folder \ SW \ PageBuffer folder. Delete all of the items (including all files and folders) that are inside the PageBuffer folder. Do not delete the Page Buffers folder but delete everything inside the PageBuffer folder. Be careful that you only delete the items in your PageBuffer folder. If you delete delete other files you may cause the RIP to become unoperational. After deleting the Page Buffer files you should be able to start the RIP software.

#2: As brought up by someone else, run checkdisk. It is possible that your hard drive has issues. You may also want to look into some virus software or spybot software to search the computer for viruses.

#3: Verify that your memory settings are correct within the RIP. Strange memory settings can cause ROAM to not work correctly or keep you from ROAMing multiple plates. Before adjusting your memory settings, I would recommend writing down your current settings along with any changes you make. As a general rule of thumb I would recommend the following memory settings under the CONFIGURE RIP menu
Windows Users:
Network Buffer: 1,024 kb
Printer Buffer: 10,240 kb (can go as high as 65,536 if necessary)
Under Options - Memory for RIP should be unchecked, Minimum memory left for system should be set to around 25% of total system memory so if you are using 1GB of RAM set this to 262,144 kb or roughly 256MB of RAM.

Macintosh Users:
Network Buffer: 1,024 kb
Printer Buffer: 10,240 kb (can go as high as 65,536 if necessary)
Under Options - Memory for RIP should be unchecked, Minimum memory left for system should be set to 60,000 or 100,000 depending on system memory.

I hope this information helps you fix the issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back