Harris M-110 with Dahlgren water system question

pworlledge

What do you do to strip off the excess ink on the ends of the roller train? Image on the end of the plate? Water drags? What is best?

An image (patterns, screens, etc) outside the web width will do wonders in minimizing the accumulation of ink on the roller ends. Just how much image to use for best results seems to vary, I have seen anything from a light screen to solids being used, I do not know how the correct density of image area was determined.

We used to use 50% screened 'mourning bands' to help us with ink on the outside of the web along with 'water stops' to better control the water.

I think the mourning bars are a good idea.
How good is the zero point when the ink fountain keys are closed in the extreme end positions. If you keep feeding ink where it is not wanted it will eventually build up and become a problem. You could see if you maintenance staff can fit an air bar over the inking system. You could use air to get rid of excess water in the non image areas.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back