HELP:jagged output in expressrip using illustrator cs4

beigna

im a newbie in this forum, i have a problem outputing to imagesetter expressrip application using illustrator CS4, the output showing jagged outline....
please help me how to resolve this problem....i would appreciate so much from anyone who can help me..

First you need to figure out is this the job, the output device or the RIP hardware/software.

To test this I would recommend the following:
1. If this is the only job exhibiting the problem then it may be job related. Possibly resolution settings or incorrect (low resolution) images in the job itself causing the issue.

2. Does this problem show up in the ROAM or preview of the RIP? If it does then you have a setting in the RIP set incorrectly, you have an interpretation issue with the RIP interpretting the data or it is something with the job. If it does not show up in the ROAM but shows up on output then you may want to check your cabling and check to make sure the PCI card in the computer is seated correctly.

3. Always run a self test on the output device to make sure there is nothing wrong with the machine itself. If this is the only job exhibiting the problem then you do not have to do this step.

Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back