help! plates too long

dnhdesign

A friend of mine died recently and I am trying to help his wife keep their print business going. They have a Harlequin RIP 4.1 (old I know! running on Windows 98). It is ripping to a PurupEskofot Genesis platemaker but keeps producing the plates at 527mm long (dialog box says 504mm - which is what it should be). I have tried adjusting the menus on the Genesis (film speed, cutter distance) but nothing makes any difference. It must be a setting somewhere on the Harlequin? I know how to edit the .ini file (again it seems to make no difference) ANY advice would be gratefully received!!

Genesis

Genesis

The length of the plate needs to be adjusted in the RIP under the page setup being used. Go into the page setup and change the length there.

If the Page Setup is correct in the Configure Device area, the calibration for the Genesis is off and has to be adjusted.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back