Help Replace Epson 9890 Print Head

AMBRO_MFG

My Epson 9890 was experiencing severe clogging and after multiple software based cleaning, I decided it was time to remove the print head and clean it.

I was able to remove the head, and indeed, it was very dirty. I cleaned it and it looks great, here are the problems I'm having.

1. When I removed the head and unplugged the ribbon cables that connect to it, I didn't realize that there were 4 cable vs. 2. So I didn't look closely to know where all 4 went back. I thought there was a left and a right, vs. a left top and left bottom and right top and right bottom. Where do the ribbon cables go on the head, can anyone post detailed instructions or a link to a video?

2. I made an educated guess on where the ribbon cables went, but when I tried to power on the printer, nothing happens. It clicks, but the screen and LEDs on the panel don't light up, so the printer is not powering up at all. Any thoughts on this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back