Help with herkules elite manual and "8205" :d

beelzebul

Hi everyone, im asking for help because i have a problem with a herkules elite, it appears that the mirror motor doesnt work, i have already checked the air pressure, temperature that drives the mirror motor and there are fine.

I would be very happy if someone could share me the manual to see what else i can do.

Any suggestion for the problem would be hepful too.

MANY MANY THANKS xD

Been there done that :)
You may have checked the air system as pressure is concerned, but the airflow may be restricted hence the pressure dropout and 8205 popping up. Dismantle and carefully inspect ALL compressor assy. Take apart both air filters, replace filter elements, check for water in the plastic filter bowls and autodrain, inspect ALL tube connections some of them may be loose it's enough they leak just a few molecules and the machine air pressure switch toggles back displaying 8205. NOT REPLACING THE FILTER ELEMENTS IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE, BY FAR. Worth inspecting the compressor motor too, intake air filter and connections to the steel air tank. Sometimes Herc's give 8205 if ambient temperature is too low - no kidding, i've seen that happening twice. Bottom line 8205 is definitely air pressure related no doubt about it. Dig deeper.

Checking step by step

Checking step by step

THANKS FOR REPLY :D

Ok, as you say i have already checked all the system, it seems that the airflow and pressure are ok until the air entrance of the mirror motor, in the process i have changed the air ducts and some valves to be sure of not loosing something in the path.

Another question is the pressure should be of 2 bar?, wich is the ideal air temperature? (from the peltier plate)

also i suspect that the mirror motor could be stuck, that could be posible?

Many thanks again

Cheking step by step

Cheking step by step

Been there done that :)
You may have checked the air system as pressure is concerned, but the airflow may be restricted hence the pressure dropout and 8205 popping up. Dismantle and carefully inspect ALL compressor assy. Take apart both air filters, replace filter elements, check for water in the plastic filter bowls and autodrain, inspect ALL tube connections some of them may be loose it's enough they leak just a few molecules and the machine air pressure switch toggles back displaying 8205. NOT REPLACING THE FILTER ELEMENTS IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE, BY FAR. Worth inspecting the compressor motor too, intake air filter and connections to the steel air tank. Sometimes Herc's give 8205 if ambient temperature is too low - no kidding, i've seen that happening twice. Bottom line 8205 is definitely air pressure related no doubt about it. Dig deeper.

THANKS FOR REPLY

Ok, as you say i have already checked all the system, it seems that the airflow and pressure are ok until the air entrance of the mirror motor, in the process i have changed the air ducts and some valves to be sure of not loosing something in the path.

Another question is the pressure should be of 2 bar?, wich is the ideal air temperature? (from the peltier plate)

also i suspect that the mirror motor could be stuck, that could be posible?

Many thanks again

The pressure switch toggles at exactly 1.3 bar, or at least that's what the service manual says. Pressurized air to the spinner should be 10 deg.Celsius leaving the peltier element (you have a simple temperature controller there, you can check it). I only put my hand on the silicone tube to the spinner, if it's notably cold it's fine.
Yes it could be a seized spinner motor. The air bearing gap is about 7 micron. Keep an ear on the machine upon startup and/or incoming imaging job if it reaches that point. You can also try to rotate the spinner rotor VEEERY gently with the machine OFF of course :) see if it moves. Should squeak a bit and hard to move, but should move. Don't rotate more than 90 degrees you're not normally supposed to rotate an air bearing motor without pressure applied but it won't harm doing it once.

Yes, big air bearing spinners - external air supply types, now obsolete - get stuck sometimes towards end of life.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back