Help with Quark 8 CMYK Colour

Phil C

Hi,
Can anyone please suggest a solution to the following problem. My CMYK tiff photos from Photoshop display perfectly in my version of Quark 7.5. But when the same image is imported into a picture box in Quark 8 it displays all colour in a really vivid, unrealistic manner. RGB images are represented perfectly. If the Quark 8 vivid CMYK image is exported as a pdf it reverts back to the natural colour it should be. As I use Quark 8 for designing for print it is essential that I have a 'realistic' (natural) depiction on my computer screen to see how the spread is looking.
Can anybody please offer a solution to this problem?:cool

FlightCheck for QuarkXPress 8

FlightCheck for QuarkXPress 8

Make sure that you have the latest version of QuarkXPress, 8.5x and check to see that Quark 8 is set to full Resolution for Preview Resolution.

I assume these are hi-res images.
Maybe that helps.

Friendly Regards,
David Dilling
Markzware

I can't say that I'd ever really trust the Quark preview for color, especially for CMYK, but you might be able to get better results if you check your color settings in Quark 7.5 (under Preferences, Default Print Layout, Color Manager) and make the settings match in Quark 8.

If all settings match you might want to check the saved color settings in your Color Setups under the Edit menu in both programs to make sure that they are all using the same profiles.

You also might find a difference in the prefs under Application, Display. Make sure that the Monitor profile chosen matches on both versions of Quark.

Good Luck,
Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back