How Many Impressions

CD102

I was kind of curious what kind of mileage people are getting out of their presses these days. My old shop had two Heidelberg CD102's that were installed in the spring of 1993. At the time that production ended in our plant in June of 2009, both machines had over 600,000,000 impressions each. My regular press was still printing like new. In fact the biggest complaint was that the machine printed too sharp. The other Heidi was in need of a gripper job and a gear alignment, but it would have been good for another 200,000,000 sheets after that refresh. The presses were split up for spare parts for other plants and will never print again.

So I'd love to hear how much paper everyone else getting through their machines.

We get 400-600 million out of our SM102's before we trade them on. We traded in our older 102 4 color with 500 million on it and the press still printed very well. We had a little movement from the ranger drum and it needed new delivery chains otherwise it was a solid running/ consistent press. Our 2006 SM102 6+P+L already has well over 120 million on it and still prints perfect, pincerbar still in great shape. Our older 98 SM102 just hit 300 million and needs a pincer bar rebuild. A big job but expected for the impression count.

Mike

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back