How to create print driver 'HOLD' for Command Workstation ?

ruthndul

Long story short, I reinstalled the print driver for CWS

The new print driver is a straight print

How to create a 'HOLD' print driver for CWS

Mac OS X 10.7

Thank you

Long story short, I reinstalled the print driver for CWS

The new print driver is a straight print

How to create a 'HOLD' print driver for CWS

Mac OS X 10.7

Thank you

I just did this last Wednesday. On a Mac running 10.7 as well! If I remember correctly, installing the Hold drive is the same as the Print driver only at some point during the installation process there is a drop-down menu that allows you to select which one. Of course, it defaults to Print. If you can't find it, I'll go through the steps again tomorrow so I can pinpoint it.

Install it as a IP printer and set the queue name to "hold".

IP Printer.
Queue has no option
I tried to type in manually 'hold'
it shows error afterwards
queue left blank shows error too

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.02.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.02.39 AM.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.05.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.05.36 AM.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
If you look in Command Workstation under virtual printers, what does it show? If it shows a hold, type in the name exactly as it appears there.

If you look in Command Workstation under virtual printers, what does it show? If it shows a hold, type in the name exactly as it appears there.

It shows 'Hold', 'Print', and 'Direct'

where should I type in the name ?

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 11.07.04 AM.png

I tried to manually typed in DC700 Hold in the 'name' field, but it prints directly, seems to be just a name

This is how I do it for mine:

I think it is a lot easier if you know the ip address of the machine. If you have command workstation running, it will show what the ip address is for your machine:

very strange. Under "Queue" can you put "Hold" instead of DP700 hold? If that does not work I am not sure. Do you have a service contract with Xerox? Maybe they can walk you through it and figure out what is going on here.

"Hold" only instead of "DP700 Hold" WORKS !

Thanks WONDERING for your patient and kind help !

Yes ! Problem solved !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back