how would I qualify for canon Corporate Service Training?

ZeeBees

our company is kind of isolated from civilization, and our machines tend to run on heavy use and service.
What requirements do i need to qualify for canon Corporate Service Training to be trained on fixing the machines myself?
Are there others here who have done so?

Just making an assumption here, but I would think the dealer service manager would have to "approve" you for it. But to be quite honest, if you are friendly with the techs, just ask them how to do some of the maintenance stuff. They are typically more than happy to show you how to do the 15 minute service items that will save them a trip out. Unless you come off as totally incompetent mechanically.

I'm sure you can get the Canon tech to show you how to do the waste toner and cleaning webs. Both of those cause hard codes on the machine. I'm not sure what else the techs will show you but, I would keep a careful eye on when non-user replaceable bits are do and push to have them done when a tech is out even if it's a bit early.

Hi, i never heard of any individual programs where person may go and get himself trained & certified. Unless you consider a carrier change to a tech, I would out that what you ask is achievable. Besides, they just won't let you to get certified - you need to pass exams from simple low end machines and work your way up. I remember when I needed the support on OKI CX3641 which is top level machine, I had to pass 13 exams just to be able to officially service that particular model but I was and I am a copier service tech before i got in to printing business.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back