HP Indigo 3550 - Would like to calibrate with G7

Justin M

I work for a very small marketing company that prints mainly photographs on our Indigo 3550. Compared with our last digital press which was toner based, the color is much better.

However, I have noticed that even with a custom profile, there is still a magenta cast to images. It's quite frustrating because the grays are never right.

I've decided the best route is via G7 and custom profiling. I'd love to get the Curves3 software but there's no money in the budget.

So here's the real question, is there anyone that would be willing to create the custom LUT files for me if I send you a CGATS file of the P2P25x target for a fee? This would at least allow me to get started with the curves, create a custom profile and hopefully be much better off.

The graph paper method is free and if you're just doing one press it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks for that excel calculator! I'm going to try that out and see how that works. Seratne: have you used this before and had good results?

I compared the excel calculator to the results I got from Curve2. The results were similar, although not exactly the same. The Curve2 software has many more options, which are useful for a more "static" type press like offset/web. For a digital press the excel calculator should work really well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back