HP Indigo EPM

MacTwidget

Is anyone here running an Indigo and using EPM (Enhanced Productivity Mode)?
Is it worth it?
What are the pros and cons?

Greetings,

I couldn't answer on the being worth it or not, as I don't know the pricing for that Authorization. It runs 4color work in 3 colors so obvioulsy it reduced clicks. From a tech standpoint, it is a great idea IF your printing doesn't have large areas of solid black, or demanding photo-quality images. I have seen the results and it is remarkably good for 3 colors, but not as good as 4 color. It would work for less demanding products so you'd have to judge what volume of your work you could use it on. You might also ask your HP sales rep if you can run it and have it turn off/on in mid run, or if a job has to be ripped ALL EPM. Sadly, I think that is the case. If it were possible to run a job mixed 4/c - EPM it would be a better fit for more jobs. Good luck.

We are just having it installed today and as Prepress Manager, I have concerns about how it will interpret the Pantone Plus swatches. I know that saving clicks is is the driver but I am also concerned about quality if they think we can use it across the board. For years we have converted some 4 color process photos to 3 color and it is sometimes very successful but a lot of times you really need black.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back