HP Scitex FB950 rip question

EZPower

Currently we are running our HP FB950 with an Onix Production House Rip 10. We no longer have access to that rip and the computer that had the rip on it, including the dongle. We do have the Proprietary Video Language network card that connected the computer to the HP.

We are in a process of getting a different computer that is 32 bit, I was told to make sure that the operating system is XP service Pac 2. I was told that the card will work the best with this configuration. Unless the information I got is wrong.

As I said Onix Production house 10 is not available to us any more. We ether have to buy a new on OR..... Any one have other options?

Is there another RIP that we could buy to drive the HP Scitex FB950?

Thanks for your advice.

Bruce,

Looks like you've got two choices to drive that machine: Onyx, or Caldera.

However, neither of them will drive it in their currently released version. For Onyx, you'd have to use 10.1 or earlier, and for Caldera, 7.56 or earlier. However, Caldera is Linux based. Typically people run it on Macs, but only the Kubuntu version will drive this particular printer. So you'd need to configure a Linux box as well.

I can sell you either one, if you'd like, and make sure the thing gets up and running.

Drop me a line if you need help.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back