HP Z3100 & Canon IPF 8000 track records & export options for Rampage JVX

chknlegs

Hi,

We are looking into purchasing an HP or a Canon. Rampage doesn't have direct support for these printers as of yet. We are thinking of a 3rd party software such as GMG ColorServer, CGS Oris Color Tuner or EFI ColorProof. We like the extra RGB inks on these printers. We think that we may be able to achieve PMS colours more accurately. Does anyone have good track records with any of these printers on any of these front-ends? Are you exporting as a 1-bit TIFF or an 8-bit TIFF?

Any advise would be great. Thanks! :)

Re: HP Z3100 & Canon IPF 8000 track records & export options for Rampage JV

Re: HP Z3100 & Canon IPF 8000 track records & export options for Rampage JV

I do have 44" Z2100. I am using in in Rampage JVX and GMG. Rampage makes 8-bit TIFFs for contone output and PS files, that are ripped in GMG Ripserver if I want DotProof proof. I love it. It's a great printer. Z3100 is even better for Spot color matching. GMG has just released version 4.5 that has Spot color libraries already made. You cannot use ipf8000 in GMG as it doesn't support them. If I have to make a choice between 2 printers I would pick Z3100 over ipf8000.

You CAN also make 1-bit TIFFs in Rampage for GMG but I don't do that as I have only one Rampage Rip. I chose to make 1-bit TIFF in GMG as you will get Rip Server for free when you buy GMG DotProof option. When you make 1-bit TIFF in Rampage you cannot make plate at the same time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back