HP Z5200s Regular Ink Marks on Print

boka

I've had this problem occasionally, cleaning the printheads usually helps but not this time.

I'm getting small marks at regular intervals in a vertical line all the way down my print. I've cleaned the print heads both in-printer and manually (and anything else I could think that may solve it) and it's seemed to make the problem even worse.

I thought maybe it was a defective starwheel picking up ink, but I tried the same file portrait instead of landscape to miss that starwheel and same problem.

It seems to always be around 40mm into the left side of the printed area.

Please help!

2015-02-03 11.53.08.jpg

I'n not sure how to do it on that printer but have you tried cleaning under the printhead carriage. In my experience marks like this tend to come from buildup under the carriage and doing head cleanings is just a waste of time and ink.

Yeah that's what I thought, but from the service manual it doesn't sound easy to remove, you have to take out a bunch of other parts first

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back