I kid you not...

LoneGoose

From a client that calls themselves a 'design studio,' we have just received a response to a quote we sent reading "Please could you quote me on a full colour job instead of 4 process colours!"

I don't know what to do!

Yes, I have gotten that before. Funny story happened to me several years ago.. I used to work for this publisher, who is very ignorant when it comes to printing and he is the one that bids on printing job! Well, anyway, i was running our last section which was about 1.5 hours past deadline, This publisher called on the PA for me to call him a.s.a.p.. well, I couldn't get away. 5 minutes later, he demanded on the PA. Chris, you talk to the me now!.. I proceded to stop the press, (hit the stop butten) while the crew including Post Press yelling at me. and I picked up the phone to call him.. He (publisher) ask me how many sides is 4-clr. I said (Yelled) well, let me see, 1, 2, 3, 4! and slammed the phone down..

I tell you sometimes the boss just makes you mad!

Just count the real number of colors used in his job, and quote it with that number of spot-colors...

i am flesh one here, could you let me know what the difference is between full colour job and 4 process colours

Full color is the same as 4-clr.. The press uses process colors and color is comprised of 4 inks, Cyan (Blue);Magenta (Red); Yellow; Black. Since these 4 process colors is all you need to produce any color arrangement, many states its Full color.

I hope I explain it properly

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back