I saw a thread posted on prepressforums.com...

DHarmon08

I saw a thread posted on prepressforums.com...

On how to write a resume for prepress and was looking for a more current type of thread post or section here and having little to no luck anyone have any ideas where I should post to get critiques, feedback, help, etc???

Daniel P. Harmon

Edited by: Daniel on Jun 7, 2008 7:59 PM

Hello,

Just been made redundant due to company closure and was thinking about freelancing. Do you have any info on how much they charge? I can't seem to find anything about it... thanks

I was doing some side design work. No real design training (degree or formal training). Brochures, Business Cards, Flyers, etc. Also laid out a couple of books. Charged $50 bucks an hour. Plus costs like paper, ink, CD's, etc. Most people didn't blink. Some I worked out a barter with. My wife is a career coach. Check out her website: www.boldlygocoaching.com. Alot of free resources on there including sample resumes, career search info, etc. She'll tell you that 7 to 9 out of 10 jobs are found through networking rather than classified ads. The website is one of my design jobs too. Picked up all of the web design and creation skills on my own as a way to help her and expand my skill set to include web design to make me more marketable just in case.

Last edited:
Thanks (Freelancing)

Thanks (Freelancing)

Thanks for your help - just looking at buying an Epsom A2 printer and then getting on with it, I thought it would be about £25-£35 an hour, plus materials on top - which is brilliant if I can get the work through the door.

Thanks

BrookyLeeds:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back