Ijet color 1175

For the HP inks, I was quoted $145 for the CMY inks, (cyan 237 ml, Magenta 233 ml, yellow 225 ml) and $310 for black 498 ml. I don't do the volume to justify spending $95,000 for the FireJet. The Martin Yale (Postmark) is about half of that. The FireJet is 4 months out once you order and pay 30% deposit.
If you are resourceful you can get the Firejet for about 65000..... But yeah, 4 months out. Must be built on demand.

Printware (i-Jet HP FI-1000) inks are $250 for 250 ml CMY, $399 for 500 ml. The bad thing about all these options are the proprietary inks. Once you spend tens of thousands for their machine, you are at their mercy for the cost of the inks.
We're in Australia and have to purchase inks through the seller of the machine. As such, the ink costs are quite high as we also have shipping, exchange rates and of course their markup. I've been looking around trying to source a compatible ink, but I just don't believe there's enough demand at the moment for anyone to produce them. I'm well aware of the dangers of non-OEM inks, but being able to reduce the cost will make it even more competitive and help to win more jobs.

I am strongly considering the Martin Yale 1170Pro (formerly Postmark 1170). It is the HP FI-1000 print head. Speed is rated similar to the i-jet 1175 pro, but priced between the 1175 and 1175 pro. Supported by my local dealer.
@FlaPrntr , which one did you end up getting? How have you guys liked this machine? Ease of operation? Consistency in feeding, print quality, etc? We've received bids on this unit and the iJetColor 1175. They seem like very similar units.

If you're comparing these two on quality, why don't you also compare them ink cost and throughput?
Sorry, I haven't checked back on this forum for a long time. Basically, quality was the biggest factor for me. We've been running the 1175P now for 10 months. We've had a few issues that support took care of, but overall it's been an amazing addition to the shop. As far as throughput, our operator doesn't usually run full speed, mostly because it's tough keep up loading and unloading at 10k per hour. But it's still plenty fast and a huge improvement over the Impressia we were previously using. If color is super critical, we'll run them on one of our Iridesses, but that's rare. We haven't put ink in either of our small offsets since the day it was delivered. As far as ink cost, I haven't tracked that too close. It was around $.004 when we first tried to follow it. I guess it really doesn't matter that much to me. Markup on envelopes put through the machine more than covers any small difference in ink cost - if there is one. My main requirements are quality, reliability, flexibility and speed - in that order.

For those of you that went to Printing United, you got to see the new FI-1000's coming out next year by several vendors, if you are looking to purchase an envelope printer I would hold out if you can to see if prices drop due to competition. Previously wasn't much choice when it came to vendors with FI-1000 heads, that will be changing.

For those of you that went to Printing United, you got to see the new FI-1000's coming out next year by several vendors, if you are looking to purchase an envelope printer I would hold out if you can to see if prices drop due to competition. Previously wasn't much choice when it came to vendors with FI-1000 heads, that will be changing.
I couldn't make it to the show. Can you post a link to the new models you're referring to? Both the iJetColor 1175 and Postmark 1170 that we're being quoted have the HP FI-1000 printheads now.
1702492446975.png
1702492510495.png

We just took in a Kirk Rudy Firejet and it has been phenomenal in terms of production whether its envelopes or cut sheet work.
Hitting 15k per hour consistently for envelopes and 10k per hour on 8.5x11 sheets. The 12.750 printhead made this our choice because of versatility.
The one thing that a lot of people don't consider is the quality you will get from aqueous pigment inks on a non treated substrate.
Using primered stocks make all the difference in terms of quality. Non treated stocks leave a muted, flat color imo. Blues and reds can be tough in terms of popping.

If you are resourceful you can get the Firejet for about 65000..... But yeah, 4 months out. Must be built on demand.
I'm just starting to look at inkjet envelope printers again, and found this thread. Where can you get a FireJet for 65K? We had one priced out last spring and it was @110K. We had a Postmark 1170 in 2020-2021 that was absolute garbage that we sent back.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back