Illustrator CC Scrolling

kansasquaker

I decided to force myself to start using CC (from mainly using 5.5). After figuring out how to make the new version visually similar to the old version (in all three apps), I was feeling pretty good about myself. I went to use command+scroll in Illustrator CC and was stunned to find that that scroll is reversed from what I know. (Command+ScrollUp = see further left on the document view and vice versa). I searched the preferences and can't find anywhere to change it.

So I say to myself "Fine, I'll learn a new way to scroll for no good reason what-so-ever." Later I begin to work on an InDesign CC document and remember to use my "new" scrolling directions. To my horror I do it wrong - and I thought I had done a wonderful job learning the new scroll. I try again, nope still wrong. How stupid am I?!? So I go back to Illy, yep I've learned it correctly, it's just not the same in InDesign. Command+ScrollUp move exactly the OPPOSITE direction in Illy and InDesign!

How is it possible that they didn't notice this during development and testing? I've scoured both of the preferences and can't find a way to change either app. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. But how can Adobe let these two products ship with different basic behavior? Is this kind of crap that we're paying $20 (and soon to be $50) per month for?

Adobe has been touting "The Common User Interface" for I would guess a decade or so . . . I'm still waiting to see easy things like common print dialog boxes (hopefully InDesign's model) and the Swatch pallet and its associated methods for adding colors, again (hopefully InDesign's model) . . . but I stopped holding my breath years ago . . . . it seems that the different app teams have standards . . . they just don't cross development team borders. . . . just my 2 cents.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back