Impose License

tngcas

Can someone tell me where on the Xerox Fiery machine the code for the impose license is stored. I know it's in a file somewhere and I'd like to save it somewhere else (in a google doc or something).
Every now and again we have a tech who does an upgrade on one of our machines and forgets to re-enter the impose license and I have to call them back to just basically enter the code into the software - which wastes a lot of time and effort.

I just cannot for the life of me remember where the text file is stored on the Fiery today.

Back in the days of CWS v4 and 5 you would have had a USB license dongle. For the past few years, however, EFI has been using a license access code or LAC instead. Until recently these were always on a piece of paper shipped in a hard white 9x12 cardboard envelope with an identifying sticker on it. Lately though it seems like they've stopped shipping those and are simply emailing the LAC either directly to the main contact at the company and/or perhaps to the sales rep. I'm glad that you found it yourself in order to have it handy just in case. The next time your Fiery needs to have its software reloaded for some reason make sure you deactivate the license first, if you can, that way it'll be there for you to reactivate again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back