Imposing 2 books on one sheet

M@CK

Hi group,

I need to print 20 books on a Digital press on 12x18 sheet.
I'd like to print 1 book next to the other, page 1,1. 2,2. 3,3. and so on.
Is their any imposition software that will easily let me do this automatically ...

kindest Regards

Matt

What kind of digital press? Most comes with some basic imposition capabilities - I know Indigo and Xerox could do it along with Fusion

Its a KM C8000 with a Creo. It dose contain somme impositions but nothing like this were you take 2 PDF and print them side by side.

PDF Snake

PDF Snake

I use PDF Snake. It is amazing software for such a low price (compared to others). You can download it and test it.
I use it to print perfect bound books 4-up on 11x17 or 12x18. Works great.

Hi Matt,
You can also try Quite Imposing Plus. Quite at Home
Here is a temp number to give it a test drive.
Quite Imposing Plus
Expires end 6/2013 Serial 0578-9110-5504-0517 Code 6233

Happy testing...

cheers,
Charles
Quite Software
USA

It's not my favorite program, but if your page counts were equal (or you could add blanks to make them so), you could impose them cut-and-stack in Signastation. If Metrix can do it now, if investigate that route first.

There is a Acrobat Pro plug in, Quite imposition Plus - it does "Step and repeat" really nice - I use it exactly the way you said you'd like to

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back