In Excel how to add an asterik to a whole column of set numbers

camasprinter

I'm a newby to this barcode nightmare and am working, somewhat one sided - I'm trying to resolve the issue and ID Automation isn't much help . . .
I bought an encoder and font package and can't make it work right.
Then I find out Code 39 - free barcode font - can be used just by adding asterisks to start and end numbers in Excel
I have client supplied numbers, how do I add the asterisk to the whole column at front & end?

Use an & function. ="TEXTHERE"&CELLHERE&"More Text"

Let's say all of your data is in column B, starting with cell B1. In cell C1, insert the formula:
Code:
="*"&B1&"*"

This will make C1 equal B1 with leading and trailing asterisks. Then drag the formula through all of your rows and voila!

I would select the cells

Go to Format Cell

Go to Custom

Type in "*"#########"*" (the number of '#' should equal the number of digits in your barcode. If the barcodes don't all have the same number of digits, then make the number of '#' equal to the number of digits in the longest barcode.)

Excel...of what a powerfully under rated tool. My shops entire colour management started off in Excel spreadsheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back