In Illustrator and Indesign, FMCore shut off alert

Grnofslt

Yesterday, when I started Illustrator CS4 up and opened a file I had been working on the day before, I received the following alert while Illustrator was starting up. "FMCore has been stopped. Please start it from the System Preferences Pane and then Relaunch Illustrator CS4". I wrote down the alert in my computer's update and problem log book exactly as it was written on my screen. I am working with an Mac intel single quad core processor with 8 gb of ram and OS X 10.5.8. I have looked for this control panel so I could turn it back on, but could not find it. I looked in all of the library folders inclusive of Users, then by clicking on the hard drive, the HD's library, and the System folder's library. I find a folder with Preference panes in it, but not one named FMCore? Where can I find this file? Does any one know?

I have run Spotlight searches, queried Apples Knowledge base, While trying to trouble shoot this problem, I discovered that this affected AI CS2 and 3 also, It also affected InDesign CS2, 3, and 4. But this alert message did not affect PS CS4,3 or 2.

I know, I know, why do you have all of this stuff on the same computer and the reason for leaving older versions is to maintain editable backwards compatibility. For instance the drivers for the scanner I am using cannot be used with Photoshop CS4 but they can be used with CS2. And the Scanner manufacturer will not upgrade the drivers for an old scanner when they really want to sell new scanners, not maintain what they already sold.

Now enough about why I have multiple versions of apps on my system. Does anyone out there have an idea how to fix this problem. Illy and InDesign both seem to work but take longer to open. I'm not even sure what FMCore is

FMCore has to do with Suitcase Fusion 2. I get the sames errors...but have just ignored it since it seems to work for what I need to do anyway. If you go into your System Preferences there shoukd be a Fusion Core setting in Other. You can turn it on from there. Hope this helps.

I have looked for this control panel so I could turn it back on, but could not find it. I looked in all of the library folders inclusive of Users, then by clicking on the hard drive, the HD's library, and the System folder's library. I find a folder with Preference panes in it, but not one named FMCore? Where can I find this file? Does any one know?

Look in the System Preferences panel under the Apple Menu.

I had uninstalled my Suitcase because my fonts were not working right and with suitcase my Illustrator kept crashing at startup (I am in CS3 and Snow Leopard) Anyway, I get the FM Core message also. Being I uninstalled my suitcase there is no place to turn the FM Core on/off, Is There??????

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back