Indigo Ink Order

Bill W

Greetings,

I am moving forward using G7 on our flexo presses, including matching the Lab values and running a CMYK ink order. One of our plants has an Indigo 4000 and we want to attempt to color manage it. I noticed that default ink order is YMCK.

I am interested in the ink order others are running? If it is the same as ours, can the Indigo be "bent" to match G7?

My first go at checking its color is to run a sheet twice a day that includes an IT8 target for the life of the PIP to check color drift, which seems to be a major complaint on the Indigo.

Any other Indigo color management tips will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Bill-

Can't speak for the 4000, but the ink order for the indigo 5000 model is user adjustable. The default is ymck.

If you went with the option of full color management, that would be more accurate than G7 methodology alone, regardless of ink order.

I run to ISO and have just put in a 5000 - I have instructed my operators that for clients that we know demand ISO, a high res Epson to ISO must be used as a visual standard.

We do use the Indigo sequnce and it seems to work OK

Peter

Indigo Ink Order

Greetings,

Thanks Jardo for the web link. It is an interesting article, however it only contrasts the difference between running K first or last, not the difference between YMCK vs CMYK (or KCMY).

-Bill-

Greetings,

Thanks Jardo for the web link. It is an interesting article, however it only contrasts the difference between running K first or last, not the difference between YMCK vs CMYK (or KCMY).

-Bill-

I've heard tell some Indigo ops using a KYMC order for the purpose of limiting yellow from "hanging out" due to substrate shrinkage. Apparently with some substrates, the first pass heat the substrate causing shrinkage, which lessens with each additional pass, so a YMCK order could results in yellow "hanging". Not as noticeable with black down first...so I'm told. I haven't noticed this issue on our press and substrates.

So, do you have the ability to alter the ink order on the 4000? I imagine without doing so, your overprints will yeild different hues than that of TR003/5/6...but in general, your overprints can be different regardless due to the electroink. Color management would yield results closer to your target

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back