Indigo S2000 RIP

MJNC

Hi PrintPlanet Folk;
My company has an Indigo S2000, from 2006. It has an HP xw4300 workstation, which runs software version 6.4.2.
Usually I can write a .pdf (from Illustrator) which rips just fine. A few weeks ago we received a complicated Illustrator file from a client which created a .pdf that would not rip.
I ended up having to parse the .pdf into PhotoShop to get an .eps that would rip.
We use CS5.5, not sure if their file was created in CS6 or CC; but I have never had that much trouble with client artwork before - and have been doing this type of work since Illustrator 88.

Now my company is considering upgrading to CS6, or perhaps the CC.
If there is anyone else out there that still has a functioning S2000, do you notice any ripping problems with the later versions of Creative Suite?
Perhaps there is a newer version of S2000 rip software that works better? HP’s online documentation is no help!
I am concerned about considering anything CS upgrade if our rip will not be able to process it.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Thanks so much for the help!!
_mjnc

Peace to the PrintPlanet!!

I doubt the version of CS is related to the RIPping problem. If the PDF is exported to a low compatibility level (such as 1.3) there should be no problems RIPping it.
When you say "a .pdf that would not rip", what do you mean? What is the exact error message you receive?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back